Top 10 Tips For Mobile Phone Repairs
Below are some of FoneFix’s top tips on the subject of mobile phone repairs. FoneFix have been an accredited repair centre since 2001 and have therefore gained an extensive knowledge of the mobile phone repair industry.
FoneFix are able to undertake FREE of charge warranty repairs for Nokia and Samsung phones as well as out of warranty repairs for Blackberry and Apple iPhone.
Top 10 Repair Tips
- Keep your proof of purchase - Nokia and Samsung offer 24 month manufacturers warranty on their handsets, but reduced warranty times on accessories.
- Do not attempt a DIY repair. If a phone shows evidence that it has been dismantled the warranty will be void.
- Don’t get liquid or moisture near your phone. FoneFix are unable to repair liquid damage phones.
- Regularly back up your data – During the repair process, any data stored on the handset will be lost. We therefore recommend that you regularly back up any content to a PC or memory card. Contacts can also be saved to the sim card.
- Physical damage such as cracked LCD is not covered by the manufacturers warranty and will be subject to a chargeable repair.
- Always take your mobile phone to an accredited repair centre to guarantee parts used on the repair are genuine manufacturer’s parts.
- Regular updating of your phones software by FoneFix will maximise your phones capabilities such as longer battery life and improved execution speeds.
- To extend your phones battery life switch off phone applications when not in use.
- If your mobile phone gets exchanged by the manufacturer and you have phone insurance. Remember to advise your insurance company of the change of imei handset number.
- According to Nokia only three per cent of the population recycles their mobile phones despite the fact that most have old devices lying around at home. A large chunk of people just don’t realise that you can put your old handsets to good use. If every one of the 1 billion+ Nokia users recycled just one unused phone at the end of its life-cycle, more than 80,000 tonnes of raw materials would be saved. FoneFix is a Nokia recycle point for the disposal of old mobile phones.
Get FREE Samsung and Nokia warranty software repairs for all models from FoneFix